Tuesday, October 27, 2009

ARCH1142 - Atlas of Colour process work

Above: Template for the tunnel.

Once I had arrived at the theme of my atlas through my face map (people and how they perceive architecture), I felt that in order for my entire atlas to be in unison its tunnel needed to correspond to this theme. I decided to superimpose an image of a human posture that highlighted mankind's importance with the interior (a Chinese restaurant that consisted of the same colour scheme I had chosen for my atlas) that we were supposed to use as a blueprint for the tunnel's construction.

Above is the application of colours from the exercise below to an interior from my precedent book.
Above is a loose abstraction of the two subjects of nature I chose, the Banana slug and the Poppy plant. I examined the textures, the colour scheme and the forms. I then used this to combine the two harmonically. This image would eventually make onto the title page of my atlas, as I found it to be representative of the colour of my atlas as well as having some symbolic value (spiral as a metaphor for the unfolding of the atlas).




Above are the images of my collage of a plan and section from my precedent book. The media used include; cut-up images from magazines, a photoshop sample of a cloud and a leaf.

Above are the perspective and elevation out of my precedent book that we were to re-represent in gouache using our ideas of receding colours from the previous exercise (below).

My concept evolved from the concept I had for my face map. Before then I had done our class tasks and homework with the idea that perhaps in doing these I'd be forming a guide or criteria for me to find a concept that would tie all our class tasks together, rather than the other way round.

I chose to use a range of colours rather than one colour (yellows to oranges to reds) and I used Jean Nouvel's "The Elements of Architecture" as a precedent book for my Atlas.

No comments:

Post a Comment